[CONDUIT #RFO-442890]: GFS upgrade

Hi Carissa,

In advance of canvassing the community wrt replacing 0.5 deg GFS with
0.25 deg GFS, we need to run some tests here in the UPC to make sure
that our packages (e.g., TDS, GEMPAK, IDV, etc.) can handle the data.

I believe that we (either you and I or Becky and I) talked about this
previously, and I seem to recall that the offer was that one of the
top level CONDUIT relay cluster nodes would be removed from the cluster
and temporarily reconfigured to relay the 0.25 deg GFS fields.

Questions:

- am I remembering correctly that this is the approach that you (NCEP)
  promoted previously?

  If yes, when could a test feed of the 0.25 deg GFS be setup so we
  could start testing?

  FYI: the UPC machine that would/will be REQUESTing the 0.25 deg GFS
  data is:

  128.117.149.100 <-> lead.unidata.ucar.edu

- if/when such a test feed is available, would it be possible for the
  other Unidata community top level relays for CONDUIT to REQUEST the
  data so that they can evaluate the impact on their machines and
  network?

  The sites I have in mind are the same as currently feeding CONDUIT
  from you now (e.g., University of Wisconsin/AOS, Penn State,
  University of Illinois, and Texas A&M).

Ticket ID: RFO-442890
Department: Support CONDUIT