[CONDUIT #YAW-321892]: Let's add data to CONDUIT!

Hi Becky,

I apologize for the very slow response to your email below!

re:
> We are finally ready to start adding new model data to the CONDUIT
> system here in College Park.  We have a nice, large LDM queue, so I'd
> like to finally start providing some new data to the users.
>
> We had done the survey a few years ago and I can dig out those results.
> And then hopefully we've done a few new things since then.
>
> How would you like to move forward?

I agree with you that it is time to move forward with additions to
CONDUIT.  The items that will come up from the CONDUIT user community
are:

- what products are currently in CONDUIT

  Duh!?  In reality, folks forget what they are already receiving
  _and_ using on a day-to-day basis.  The delivery of data via the
  IDD has become like the deliver of power by a utility: the data
  comes in with essentially no interaction; processing of the data
  proceeds with no interaction; etc.  The only time a user thinks
  about the data they are getting is when the data flow stops for
  whatever reason.

  We need to remind users of everything that is available in CONDUIT
  and their associated volumes.

- what data could be added to CONDUIT

  This needs to be a comprehensive list of data sets that could be
  made available and a list of "pie in the sky" (i.e., not so easily
  made available) items

- a good idea of the time frame for surveying the community, compiling
  users' responses, deciding which data sets should be added, informing
  the end-users of the decisions made and then implementation

I say let's start working on the items above (and any that I have forgotten)!

BTW, the Unidata User's Committee needs to be involved in some of the
items above.

Ticket ID: YAW-321892
Department: Support CONDUIT