[IDD #SIB-910423]: Incomplete GFS 0.5 CONDUIT

Hi Christian,

re:
> Sorry for the long delay before my reply... I was traveling and very busy.
> But now I am back!

No worries.

re: Can you pin down when you first started experiencing problems?

> It has been a bit intermittent, but roughly since January...

I do not believe that there has any system wide problem with 0.5 degree GFS
in CONDUIT. If there had been, I feel sure that we would have heard from
lots of users since this is a very popular data set.

I can say that the ability to feed from both the CONDUIT top level
injection sites operated by NOAA (one in Camp Springs, MD and one in Boulder,
CO) was compromised until yesterday morning when we (NOAA and UPC) were
able to find and fix the problem with REQUESTing data from the Boulder top
level.

It is my belief that the problem feeding from Boulder should
not have caused the problems you have been experiencing. Also, the inability
to feed from the Boulder top level did not extend back to January.  This should
mean that this problem is like to have been the cause of your difficulty.  BUT,
note that the volume of CONDUIT data being ingested by vkepler.sca.uqam.ca
jumped
significantly yesterday:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?CONDUIT+vkepler.sca.uqam.ca

re: the name of your machine
> I confirm it is vkepler.sca.uqam.ca

OK.

Can you check to see if your GFS 0.5 deg-related problems continue, or if
they cleared after the restoration of feeds from the NOAA top level
site in Boulder?

Ticket ID: SIB-910423
Department: Support CONDUIT