[CONDUIT #OAE-251505]: NCEP CONDUIT feed setup

Hi Art,

This email is addressed to relevant folks involved with the CONDUIT
toplevel presence...

re: iddrs3.meteo.psu.edu

> Its hard drive was failing, so it's offline at the moment while I bring it
> back up with a new drive.  It should be back up in the next day-or-so.

Very good.

re: what is/are the name(s) of the PSU machines that should be ALLOWed to
REQUEST CONDUIT from the toplevel relays?

> They are actually the same as before:
>
> idd-ingest.meteo.psu.edu 128.118.64.134
> iddrs1a.meteo.psu.edu 128.118.64.140
> iddrs2a.meteo.psu.edu 128.118.64.143
> iddrs3a.meteo.psu.edu 128.118.64.146
>
> It's possible I may not have listed iddrs1a before... idd-ingest is an
> address that can float to
> any of iddrs1a, iddrs2a or iddrs3a and normally points to iddrs1a.
> idd-ingest is the normal ingest
> machine, and the other two machines feed from it.  If the idd-ingest machine
> fails, ingest reverts to
> the iddrs2a machine, but other configurations are possible.  If all four
> addresses are allowed,
> that gives me maximum flexibility for dealing with configuration/failure
> issues.  Only one
> machine would ever be ingesting external data at any given time.

Excellent information, thanks!  This should be enough for Carissa to
update the ALLOWs on the CONDUIT toplevel cluster(s).

Ticket ID: OAE-251505
Department: Support CONDUIT