[Support #SBB-325304]: Re: 20110712: CONDUIT request -- fire weather grids

Hi Justin,

re:
> This morning I discovered that ldm2 is not mounting all of the disk
> partitions that it should be. I've got a note into our Sys Admins to
> resolve this, I don't know if it is the complete explanation for why so
> much data is missing from the feed, but it should explain some of it.
> I'll let you know once that issue is resolved.

OK, sounds good.

FYI: I have added a number of definitions to the GEMPAK GRIB parameter
tables used by 'gribinsert'.  All of the fields included in the fire weather
(parallel NAM) grids available on the FTP server ftp.ncep.noaa.gov are
now understood by the version of 'gribinsert' I am testing here in Unidata.

Question:

- what is easier to get approved for operations:

  - a simple update to table used by a routine like gribinsert

  - a new distribution of the package

I ask for two slightly different reasons:

- I am hoping that you will be able (allowed) to simply drop in a
  new set of GRIB tables (i.e., copy them to the ~ldm/etc directory
  of the machine on which gribinsert is running) and then stop/restart
  the LDM to make the changes take effect.

  I suspect that for the non-test machines (ldm0 and ldm1) that you
  will need to go through the official approval process, but I wanted
  to get your take on this.

Ticket ID: SBB-325304
Department: Support CONDUIT