[CONDUIT #CTD-440083]: NAM 218 on CONDUIT

Hi Domagoj,

re:
> Thanks much for your reply. Since I'm not an LDM administrator, what do I
> tell one on how to set it up to get all 218 NAM files, especially awphys?

First, you need to have a REQUEST line for the CONDUIT data in the LDM
configuration file ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.  This like will look something
like:

request   CONDUIT  "<pattern>" upstream.ldm.host.name

Here, "pattern" may be ".*" (everything) or a regular expression that
limits your request to the products of interest.  The following should
be a viable REQUEST line for all of the 218 NAM data:

request   CONDUIT   "awip12"   idd.unidata.ucar.edu

You will also need to make sure that the data you receive is processed.
Here is a representative ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf entry that specifies the
processing of the CONDUIT data you receive through a 'pqact' invocation
that uses the pattern-action file ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf_conduit:

exec "pqact -f CONDUIT etc/pqact.conf_conduit"

The last thing you will need to do is create the file
~ldm/etc/pqact.conf_conduit.
Here is a single entry for such a file that processes just the NAM 218 grids:

#
# Grid #218 NAM_CONUS_12km
CONDUIT ^data/nccf/com/nam/prod/nam.(........)/nam.t(..)z.awip12.*grib2
        FILE
data/grid/NCEP/NAM/CONUS_12km_conduit/NAM_CONUS_12km_\1_\200.grib2

NB: certain white space in a pattern-action file action are tabs, not spaces:

- the whitespace between CONDUIT and ^data is a tab
- the whitespace before FILE on line 2 above is a tab
- the whitespace between FILE and data/grid/... is a tab

After you make the needed modifications to ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf, you should
run:

ldmadmin pqactcheck

to check the syntax of all of your pattern-actions files.  If you have
an error in your pqact.conf_conduit file, this should tell you about it.
Reedit the file and fix the problem before restarting your LDM

Question:

- are you already receiving the CONDUIT datastream?

Ticket ID: CTD-440083
Department: Support CONDUIT