Re: GRIB1 to GRIB2 transition on CONDUIT

Jerry,

NCO has a GRIB1->GRIB2 transition web page available here:
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/GRIB1_to_GRIB2.shtml

The document does not as of yet have a final date when dual production
of
GRIB1 and GRIB2 products will cease. However, at this time, most of the
products on CONDUIT that are still being sent in GRIB1 format already
have
equivalent GRIB2 format replacements on the ftp server, so it is
possible to begin transitioning these products on CONDUIT as soon as
practical. As you noted in
your message, users have been informed of the GRIB2 transition for quite
some time, so they should be ensuring their applications are ready with
the available GRIB2 products available on the FTP servers. Several
CONDUIT users have already asked
for expedited transition of CONDUIT in order to better use available
bandwith and processing capabilities (and make room for other data
sets).

We will provide timetables for transition of CONDUIT products when
available.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

--