Re: CONDUIT ensemble field expansion

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 10:24 -0400, Geoff DiMego wrote:
> Steve - forgive me if this is a stupid question since I'm just
> a dumb manager.  Which ensemble are you referring to?

The GEFS products.

> NCEP
> runs a Short Range Ensemble Forecast (SREF) system for North
> America as well as a global ensemble system (GENS I think).
> Since our SREF runs 21 members I'm assuming you are referring
> to it but we have been running 21 members for quite a while
> since 6 December 2005.  I guess you are just now getting them
> added to your CONDUIT feed.

NCEP is currently posting 14 members to CONDUIT from the WOC.
Joe Carr notified me that they will be expanding this to 20 (with the
1 control set) on March 27.

We don't currently send the SREF on CONDUIT. Its something I would like
to add, but will hold off until we can swap the remaining GRIB1 sets on
CONDUIT to GRIB2.

> BTW your Simpson's signature block is the bomb!

Timeless since 1988!
Doesn't go over as much now with mail clients without fixed width
fonts, but works quite well on the vt220 terminals!

Thanks for your input!

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support