[TIGGE #WQV-103698]: NCEP ensemble data

> Steve,
>
> Would it be possible to run the working gribinsert tool (as NCEP does
> with its scripts) from motherlode, or some other
> node that received the NCEP gens data to backfill our archive?  The
> backfill data could be inserted on the "EXP" feed
> if it can't go on CONDUIT.  I see that all the data is on motherlode,
> and that would be the simplest solution for ECMWF and ourselves.
>
> Doug

Doug,

While it is possible for other sites to run the gribinsert program and insert
data into a
local queue, it would not be practical to do this into a realtime queue since
it has adverse affects
on data residence time for the realtime data. I would not recommend this
approach.

It is possible to run an LDM on a different port, with a different queue, but
that would
require alternate downstream configurations.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: WQV-103698
Department: Support IDD TIGGE