[CONDUIT #IXR-628298]: Grib2 Data

Kevin,

The .5 degree GFS data is in GRIB2 format. See:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/gfs_files.html

The unique fields will tbe the "ST.opnx" string in the URL above
which is ST.opnt as well as the "PT.grid_DF.grGRIB_version"
which is PT.grid_DF.gr2.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi...
>
> I've received the following internal request:
>
> >Hi, Kevin:
> >
> >Could you download a sequence of GRIB2 data through CONDUIT? The ftp
> >server at
> >tgftp.nws.noaa.gov is unstable and it always terminates the connection
> >before I can download one data file completely.
> >
> >I just data at several hours on any date.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >Yunheng.
>
> I've check the CONDUIT web pages, and it isn't obvious to me that any data is
> currently being sent that is in GRIB2 format.  Is this correct?  If not,
> please
> let me know what is available.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kevin W. Thomas
> Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
> University of Oklahoma
> Norman, Oklahoma
> Email:  address@hidden

Ticket ID: IXR-628298