[CONDUIT #SCC-464262]: CONDUIT GRIBs

Kevin,

I have posted the fh.0102 as a single file for you to download:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/fh.0102_gfs003

The file size of the individual grib messages cat'd together is:
27074120

This is the exact size as is reported in the .status file you will find in the
CONDUIT data stream:
/afs/.nwstg.nws.noaa.gov/ftp/SL.us008001/ST.opnl/MT.gfs_CY.12/RD.20060524/PT.grid_DF.gr1/fh.0102_tl.press_gr.on
edeg complete (27074120 bytes) at Wed May 24 16:15:33 2006
Inserted 27074120 of 27074120

As for your other comments:

1) Aside from the .status file in the data stream, you will not find the string
"afs" in the CONDUIT
data. Assuming you aren't accidentally passing that status file to your
decoder! Otherwise,
if you are using something like a PIPE action to an xcd_run shell script, then
that script could be the
source of some log messages into your stream.

2) The control characters 01 0d 0d 0a equate to: SOH CR CR NL
Those are characters that you would find in the HRS data stream at the beginning
of a FOS product. The CONDUIT data does not have these characters, which signals
that you are looking at something else in addition to just CONDUIT data. If
that is the case, and you have a separate invocation to xcd_run fpr HRS and
CONDUIT,
I was wondering if they could be stepping on each other when inserting into
your circular buffer.

3) The xcd_run script which is in use here by Tom Yoksas is just piping the HRS
data
stream. He does not pipe the CONDUIT data, so I don't know how that would look-
but
2 ingebin processes should be correct (the parent and child). What I
was wondering is that if your machine fell behind, if a second invocation of
xcd_run
could be getting kicked off (if you are logging your process ids, you might look
for overlapping ids).

Note: I will be out of town through next Wednesday. Tom Yoksas is currently out
of the office as well.
Tom is the knowledgeable person regarding XCD configuration should you have
questions to that end.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support