[AWIPS #JDF-804716]: Move from CentOS 7

> Hello,
> Following up on a question from a few months ago;  do you have a replacement
> for CentOS 7 in mind for AWIPS II (Cave and Edex)?.  I know CentOS 7 is not
> EOL till June 30, but some vendors for our other software packages have
> stopped supporting their products on CentOS 7.  I have moved my servers
> (other than EDEX) to Rocky 9.3, but my labs are still at CentOS 7 due to
> Cave, and I need to get them switched for the other software packages.
> Any timeline on the change?  Are you going with Rocky?  I volunteer to be a
> test site if needed.
>
> Thanks

Hello,

We are actively developing for our next release which will be available for
RHEL/Rocky8. We just recently received the code set from the National Weather
Service and are going as fast as we can. We are developing this and will be
hosting our EDEX server on Rocky8 OS. Everything is in flux, but we are hoping
to have something out before Centos7 EOL. We can reach out when we have a test
version available.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: JDF-804716
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.