[AWIPS #GVX-650442]: awips-cave.msi installs but doesn't run

Hi there,

> I've tried installing on Windows 10 Pro, latest Windows update, 32gb of RAM.
> Then re-installing,
> repair, modify, etc. Deleted the caveData folder.
>
> I get the notifications below. I can access EDEX the first time, change OAX
> to FWD , validate,
> it connects. Then get the messages (screenshots below).
>
> Please note that I have Python and Java pre-installed so I'm not sure if
> that's effecting this.
> I've used your excellent program in previous installations prevoiusly, plus
> but am running on
> Centos 7 in a virtual machine without issues.
>
> Thanks so much for your help!

Just to confirm, are you installing Version 18?  Or the Beta, version 20?

If you're running version 18, I think the problem can be resolved by changing
your IPv6 settings,
please see this page for instructions how:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/appendix/common-problems/#windows-cave-start-up-error

Otherwise, I believe if you download and install the beta (which we're working
to migrate to as
our production version here in the near future), it should work without needing
to change the
IPv6 settings.  The beta can be installed from here:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave-beta-v20/

Let us know if either of those helps?
Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform