[AWIPS #KEP-983436]: EDEX filled up the disk

Hi Gyorgyi,

> Also, do you package the Windows version of CAVE?
>
> I had to install it centrally, and not in the users' profile.
>
> The biggest problem with the user's own CAVE was that Windows treated every
> user's
> CAVE instance as a separate one. It needed to open the firewall for every
> instance
> one by one, needing an admin password. Every time every student logged in to a
> machine the first time it would require an admin password in the middle of
> the class.
> Not to mention they would need to start the first class installing their own
> CAVE,
> and we would have about 10 CAVE copies on one machine. This is not the biggest
> problem, though. The firewall issue is.
>
> I installed CAVE to Program Files, but config files and icons still pointed
> to user's
> profiles. I had to modify files pointing to the central CAVE AFTER
> installation.
>
> If it is not too much trouble for you to create an installer that installs
> everything
> system-wise, that would help me a lot.

Yes, we do package and create the Windows installer.  I think we may be able to
create
an installer that will install CAVE at the system level, so it only needs to be
installed
once for any machine in your lab.  If we create an installer like this, would
you/someone
at A&M be able to test it out?  We can try and have this available for v20 of
CAVE.

Thanks for the question!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: KEP-983436
Department: Support AWIPS