[AWIPS #IEQ-856226]: CAVE Crashing, Radar Not Working

Hi there,

Thank you for using our Bug Reporting form for our new version 20.3.2 Beta
Release of CAVE.
We received two entries from you recently.

The first had to do with CAVE crashing on Windows:

> I downloaded AWIPS2 several months ago and now it does NOT work at all. It
> keeps crashing
> and automatically closing out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing
> works. It is
> very disappointing that the app no longer works for me. I am using Windows 11.

We're sorry to hear CAVE is giving you issues. Can you confirm you have the
latest version
installed, 20.3.2-0.3?  If not, can you please reinstall it using our
instructions:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave-beta-v20/#windows

If you do already have the latest version, can you please remove caveData (the
local cache)
and restart CAVE?  Instructions for that are also on our website, here:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/appendix/common-problems/#windows

Also, I just want to note that as of right now, we currently only guarantee
support for CAVE
on Windows 10, as we do not yet have a Windows 11 machine for our development.
We can do
our best to help troubleshoot if you're still seeing issues after these first
two steps though.

For your second submission about Radar data:

> The features under Radar MUST be fixed! You say you are aware of the Rader
> issues. FIX IT!

I'd like to remind you to please remember to abide by our code of conduct when
engaging with
Unidata staff.  We strive to provide support to the Unidata community in a
timely, productive,
and professional manner. We expect those seeking support to conduct themselves
similarly.
Our Code of Conduct can be found at:
https://github.com/Unidata/.github/blob/main/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

Can you please elaborate more on the issues you're having with the Radar data?
Are you referring
mosaics menu currently being empty, or something else?
Thanks.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform