[AWIPS #IRW-507154]: CAVE 20 for Mac ?

Hi Pete,

> I successfully loaded the program on a Mac OS 13.3 Ventura machine. I had the
> same EDEX issues
> with IPv6 and followed the same directions and it is functioning. I will
> continue to explore
> the features.

Okay, that sounds good! Thanks for reporting back.

> I figured out the map setting. I did have to right mouse click > show map
> legend to get there.

Glad you got that to work.  Do you recall if that was the same in v18? Because
maybe the default
has changed, and maybe it's something I could fix.
If so, could you add a brief entry on our reporting form:
https://forms.gle/aYUZSi78KU3ZYJ3q7

> One bug I found running the beta in two Mac machines is the Export Image
> (full animation) to a
> .gif file causes the program to freeze and require a reboot. It happened
> twice.

This is something I was *sort of* aware of... I did make a change in v18 to
support image export
on the mac, and it *may* be the same change that is needed to support the gif
export.  Do you
recall if this functionality worked in v18?
Also, could you please add an entry on the form for this issue for sure, so I
will make sure to
look into it for our next beta release:
https://forms.gle/aYUZSi78KU3ZYJ3q7

Thank you!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: IRW-507154
Department: Support AWIPS