[AWIPS #BNB-479980]: AWIPS 20 Crashing

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delayed response.

> National radar data is still extremely slow in populating.
>
> I started AWIPS V18 up and then loaded the same radar animation and the whole
> process
> from the AWIPS startup to view and entire animation was less than 2 minutes.
> The VM
> version 20 is still loading the data. It has been 10 minutes since I invoked
> the procedure.
>
> I'm having the same results with the HRRR model data. AWIPS V18 takes about
> 20 seconds to
> load 18 hours of Layer Comp Reflectivity, MSLP, and surface wind. AWIPS 20 VM
> took almost
> 5 minutes to load the same data sets.

Just to confirm, was this running directly on a Linux machine, or in the
Virtual Machine?
Our next release for the beta may have a small performance improvement, so I'd
be interested
to see if you still see the same performance after we put that out.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: BNB-479980
Department: Support AWIPS