[AWIPS #YED-418649]: CAVE Product Browser - grid data linventory

Hi Pete,

> it seems we need to first use the metadata from grid_info table to specify
> what to remove
> from grid table via the common key info_id

Yes, that is exactly correct.  That is the "foreign key constraint", meaning
there is a key
in the grid table, from another table (grid_info), so you can't delete the
record from
grid_info, until all the associated records in the other table are gone (that
is the
"constraint" part).

> then after its all removed from table grid, remove that model from grid_info
> using the
> common key info_id (we can't just simply remove the model from grid_info so
> long as it
> still has corresponding entries in table grid)

Yes, this is correct.  Once all the corresponding entries are deleted from
grid, you can
delete those entries in grid_info.
One quick note, deleting with id=x will only do one record at a time, deleting
with
datasetid ilike '[dataset name]' will delete all matching records at once, so
it's easiest
to use the datasetid match when deleting from the grid table (if that makes
sense).

> And that should cause the Product Browser to not show the model as if its
> available.

That is my understanding, correct!

> Is our understanding correct so far?

Yes!

> PS - we are focusing on the FE_GFS_Globalp25 for now

Okay, cool, then everything we've discussed in this thread is most certainly
applicable
to that datasetid as well.  The only other thing, is you may have to still
remove the
corresponding files in the /hdf5/ directory for these as well (if you haven't
done that
already).

Cool, let me know if you have more questions!
--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: YED-418649
Department: Support AWIPS