[AWIPS #QVU-800771]: How to dump our 10 days database before update?

Okay, I believe I was successful in testing the dumping and restoring of the
database. Because of the time it takes to dump and restore the database, you
will be without data for maybe a couple hours, but there's no way to get around
that.

I've created instructions that should be shared with you:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hMIqPnL2ytjPd6LYnSGjmIKfEs2CyRglkB1desS9whs/edit?usp=sharing

Note - you don't have to do the step that usually takes you a while (removing
what's in /hdf5) since we actually want that data, but the dumping and
restoring did take about 30 min to dump and at least 50 minutes to restore
(still waiting on this) - but I was able to load data in CAVE!

Note 2 - The backup of databases and hdf5 is only on your main EDEX machine
(not the ancillary ones)

Note 3 - I've put a link to your normal install instructions in that link

Good luck.
Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: QVU-800771
Department: Support AWIPS