[AWIPS #QVX-182360]: AWIPS EDEX install error

> Hello Tiffany
>
> Thanks for the prompt response! Here's the information you requested:
>
> Previous version: v17.1.1-2
> The previous version was running fine.
>
> Contents of the requested log file:
> [root@tornado maps]# pwd
> /awips2/database/sqlScripts/share/sql/maps
> [root@tornado maps]# cat maps.log
> psql:/awips2/database/sqlScripts/share/sql/maps/createMapsDb.sql:21: NOTICE:
> database "maps" does not exist, skipping
> psql:/awips2/database/sqlScripts/share/sql/maps/createMapsDb.sql:22: NOTICE:
> tablespace "maps" does not exist, skipping
> ERROR:  could not load library "/awips2/postgresql/lib/rtpostgis-2.4.so":
> /awips2/postgresql/lib/libgdal.so.20: undefined symbol: nc_inq_unlimdims
>

> We ran into the error the first time, it did not complete the installation
> and gave the message of "Something went wrong with the uninstallation...". We
> tried to run the installer again, but yum would not work because of a python
> error. We had backed up the files, and had to restore /awips2/python/bin
> directory to get the awips_install.sh script to run again.
> We ran the script again, and this time the installation completed, but broke
> yum once again. This time I had to edit the python version in /usr/bin/yum to
> get it working.
> We have not tried to install it again after that.
>

> Tried installing separately:
> [root@tornado maps]# yum install awips2-maps-database-18.2.1-5.el7.noarch
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
> * base: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
> * elrepo: linux-mirrors.fnal.gov
> * epel: mirror.usi.edu
> * extras: mirror.cs.uwp.edu
> * rpmforge: mirror.chpc.utah.edu
> * updates: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
> Nothing to do
>

> [root@tornado maps]# yum groupinstall awips2-server
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
> * base: mirror.mia11.us.leaseweb.net
> * elrepo: reflector.westga.edu
> * epel: repos.eggycrew.com
> * extras: mirror.cs.uwp.edu
> * rpmforge: mirror.chpc.utah.edu
> * updates: mirror.vacares.com
> Maybe run: yum groups mark install (see man yum)
> No packages in any requested group available to install or update

Hello,

Okay, 17.1.1-2 is a pretty old build so that might have caused some issues.

I'll have you try a few things, but it might be easiest if we can set up a
video chat sometime this week for you to share your screen and troubleshoot
easier.

Yum is broken for root? I've seen it have issues with the awips user because we
install python with awips2, but never the root user. (We also typically
recommend installing using sudo)

If you have what you need backed up, let's try removing all of AWIPS manually
first.

Check your awips2.repo and make sure it's enabled:

"cat /etc/yum.repos.d/awips2.repo"

What comes up with a "yum grouplist"?

If it shows an AWIPS package, then try marking that for removal:

"yum groups mark remove awips2-server"

Do a "yum clean all"

Remove awips2 rpms
"yum remove awips2-*"

Remove anything existing in the current awips2 directory
"rm -rf /awips2/*"

Maybe try a reboot or logout/log back in

Then try running the awips_install.sh script.

sudo su - -c "[PATH_TO_INSTALL_FILE]/awips_install.sh --edex"

If you are still running issues then we can try to set up a time to meet.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: QVX-182360
Department: Support AWIPS