[AWIPS #AWM-758949]: Some questions about python-awips

Hi Martin,

> We do have available several types of standard observations (SYNOP, METAR,
> TEMP)
> that we can ingest but in all honesty we didn't clear that path yet. I'll let
> you know if I find any issues setting this custom data on EDEX.

Are you planning on setting up your own EDEX right now (near future)?

> That would be great! At this time our code tries to match the first available
> forecast run (which generally, taking into account the delays on the cycle
> and
> output, is around the real time) with the closest observation so any analysis
> will work on our side.

I will let you know if we make any progress on this!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: AWM-758949
Department: Support AWIPS