Re: [wxp] Global satellite images

NOTE: The wxp mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Ben,

I seem to recall having a similar problem several years ago. I think that it is a
function of the data which seems to have a native resolution of 640x350 as far as WXP is
concerned (but I am not sure). Our solution was to create a 640x480 image and then use
the "convert" utility to increase the size.

$outfile1 was our 640x480 image and $outfile2 contains1024x768

/usr/local/bin/convert -geometry 1024x768 $outfile1 $outfile2

$outfile1 was our 640x480 image and $outfile2 contains1024x768

It does a respectable job, but it's not perfect. We display it on a 42" plasma
screen and it's not bad.

Jim
James P. Koermer
Professor of Meteorology & Director