Re: [visad] Question about a spreadsheet-type application

 Hi Phillip,

There is a spreadsheet built into VisAD:

  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~curtis/ss.html

The visad/rabin/RainSheet.java program distributed as part of the
VisAD source JAR file is a simple example of how to use the visad.ss
classes to build a custom spreadsheet. The visad/rabin/Rain.java
program is a spreadsheet that doesn't use the classes in visad.ss
but does include direct manipulation of a value (2-D cursor) in a
spreadsheet cell. Scroll down to the heading "Rainfall Estimation
Custom SpreadSheet" on the VisAD web page:

  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad.html

This web page lists a number of other examples that use
direct manipulation. You can an overview of VisAD
direct manipulation at:

  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/VisGUI.html

and technical information about direct manipulation in
section 1.8 of:

  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/dr_tutorial.html