*From:* owner-visad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-visad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Bill Hibbard
*Sent:* Sunday, April 15, 2007 3:17 PM
*To:* Kenneth Evans, Jr.; Visad
*Subject:* RE: More GriddedNDSet Questions

Ken,

All the evidence you present says that the system is using
texture mapping with your Linear2DSet and not using texture
mapping with your Gridded2DDoubleSet (the slowness is
consistent with not using texture mapping). If you're ready to
compile VisAD from its source, you could uncomment the
print statements for the computation of the isTextureMap
and curvedTexture flags, in the ShadowFunctionOrSetType.java
file in the visad package. Uncomment two sets of print
statements, between (at least in the old version of source
on my home machine) lines 453-477 and lines 713-733.
It would be a good idea to eliminate all displayed data
except the Field of interest, so you don't confuse with the
print output of other data.

Feel free to send the results to the list, and we'll try to
figure out what's happening.