Re: filled triangles

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion, however I am getting a some color gradients on my graph (attached) rather than flat colors inside the triangles. It may be due to how I am setting up the FlatField. In the code that follows "regions" is an Irregular2DSet[] array, and "colors" is a float[] array with as many positions as points in all the Irregular2DSet.

CODE FOLLOWS +++++++++++++++++++

RealType xEasting =RealType.getRealType("xEasting"),
        yNorthing=RealType.getRealType("yNorthing"),
        tileColor=RealType.getRealType("tileColor");
RealTupleType domainXLYL=new RealTupleType(new RealType[] {xEasting,yNorthing});

FunctionType func_xEasting_yNorthing_to_Color=new FunctionType(domainXLYL,tileColor);

UnionSet allRegions=new UnionSet(domainXLYL,regions);

FlatField theColors=new FlatField(func_xEasting_yNorthing_to_Color,allRegions);
theColors.setSamples(colors);

DataReference region_ref = new DataReferenceImpl("region");
region_ref.setData(theColors);

display_TIN.addReference(region_ref);

CODE ENDS +++++++++++++++++++

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ricardo

Bill Hibbard wrote:
Hi Ricardo,

    I am using VisAD to display a bunch of filled triangles (as shown
    in attachment). Since each triangle is supposed to be a different
    color my approach was to create an irregular2DSet for each one
    (using Delaunay.fill()) and then create a reference for each one
    with an associated constant map (describing Red, Green, Blue).

    However, this is awfully slow when I have hundreds of triangles. I
    was looking for something like creating an unionSet with the
    irregular2DSets with each irregular2DSet having a property
    associated to the color but I couldn't find a way to to it.

Construct a FlatField with MathType ((x, y) -> (r, g, b)) and use the
UnionSet as the domain Set of the FlatField. Then you have ScalarMaps
of the Field range values to Red, Green and Blue, and fill the triangle
vertex colors into those range values.

<http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=en-mail_a_01>

Ricardo Mantilla
Posdoctoral Research Associate

New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
801 Leroy Pl. MSEC 254
Socorro, NM 87801

Phone: (505) 835-5068
Office: MSEC 254