From: "Jim Koutsovasilis" <J.Koutsovasilis@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Wang Lizhi" <wlz@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <visad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 11:15 AM
Subject: RE: How to display block data?

Hello Lizhi,

just some quick notes related to your problem.

Did you want to change your display to a parallel projection instead of a
(default) perspective projection? You can do this by adding the call to
GraphicsModeControl.setProjectionPolicy() as follows:

> DisplayImplJ3D display = new DisplayImplJ3D( "Display" );
> GraphicsModeControl dispGMC =
> (GraphicsModeControl)display.getGraphicsModeControl();
> dispGMC.setScaleEnable( true );
+ dispGMC.setProjectionPolicy(DisplayImplJ3D.PARALLEL_PROJECTION);

After this, you'll notice that the 'white box' which surrounds your data will
be displayed as a rectangle, rather than a cube.

To turn the 'box' off, you can use:

+ DisplayRenderer displayRenderer = display.getDisplayRenderer();
+ displayRenderer.setBoxOn(false);

Regards,
Jim.

---