off screen image

  • Subject: off screen image
  • From: ncubukcu <ncubukcu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:51:53 -0400
if I remotely connect to my visad server and run a test program that constructs something like following;
DisplayImplJ2D display = new DisplayImplJ2D("display1",300,300);

this is what I get when I run my code;

kCGErrorRangeCheck : Window Server communications from outside of session allowed for root and console user only
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
       at visad.DisplayRenderer.setWaitFlag(DisplayRenderer.java:176)
at visad.java2d.DisplayRendererJ2D.setWaitFlag(DisplayRendererJ2D.java:943)
       at visad.DisplayImpl.doAction(DisplayImpl.java:1732)
       at visad.java2d.DisplayImplJ2D.doAction(DisplayImplJ2D.java:312)
       at visad.ActionImpl.run(ActionImpl.java:353)
       at visad.util.ThreadPool$ThreadMinnow.run(ThreadPool.java:95)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
       at visad.DisplayImpl.clearMaps(DisplayImpl.java:2191)
       at visad.java2d.DisplayImplJ2D.clearMaps(DisplayImplJ2D.java:303)
       at visad.DisplayImpl.<init>(DisplayImpl.java:170)
       at visad.java2d.DisplayImplJ2D.<init>(DisplayImplJ2D.java:233)
       at visad.java2d.DisplayImplJ2D.<init>(DisplayImplJ2D.java:211)
       at visad.java2d.DisplayImplJ2D.<init>(DisplayImplJ2D.java:203)
       at CreateImage.main(CreateImage.java:63)
*
*I know why I get this exception.. it want's me to run it in headless mode or I have to set display to my local machine. What I don't understand is why the off screen constructor above needs a display. Any idea how I can go around this. I have done all my excercises on a local machine but now that I need to use remote machine for visad, all my test cases are failing...
thanks
nc