Re: The random colour changing bug

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the test program. Unfortunately, it does
not cause any color change on my home machine (a
laptop running Windows NT, JDK 1.2 and some ancient
version of Java3D). I looked at the mailing list
thread that Ugo recommended (thanks Ugo) and it seems
at the time we thought it might be related to ambient
light being turned off, and were very puzzled how this
could happen. Clearly your test program is not accessing
its Java3D scene graph, so that hypothesis is out.

Next time I'm in the office I'll try your test program
on my office machine (running more recent versions of
Java and Java3D). Do any other Wisconsin folks see the
color change running Andrew's test program?

Its hard to imagine how VisAD is doing this, but of
course it isn't impossible. It may be useful to inquire
on the Java3D list whether this is a known Java3D bug.