The VisAD code has been updated. It is available from the ftp site. Here is
a summary of changes since the last update in December, 2004:
2005-02-15 12:42 curtis
* data/: MetadataReader.java, bio/MetamorphForm.java,
bio/ZeissForm.java, tiff/BitBuffer.java, tiff/ByteVector.java,
tiff/TiffRational.java, tiff/TiffTools.java: Rewrote TiffForm
from scratch to work without needing 3rd party libraries (ImageJ
or JAI). The new standalone TIFF form supports reading
uncompressed and LZW-compressed data in "chunky" planar
configuration (the most common configuration).
The new implementation is fairly efficient, unlike the old code,
which broke down for TIFF files containing large numbers of
Old TIFF functionality has been moved to LegacyTiffForm. If the
new TiffForm fails due to an unsupported file format
characteristic, it automatically calls the LegacyTiffForm, to
ensure that all previously supported TIFF files still work.
Zeiss and Metamorph are TIFF variants, and still rely upon
LegacyTiffTools and LegacyBitBuffer. (My eventual goal is to
migrate Zeiss and Metamorph to take advantage of the new
Lastly, TiffForm.save just delegates to LegacyTiffForm.save for
now, but I eventually plan to implement TiffForm.save to
eliminate the need for 3rd party libraries when saving in TIFF
2005-02-02 18:26 curtis
* data/tiff/TiffForm.java: Eliminate wasteful code in open(String,
int). Unfortunately, this code is still fundamentally, terribly
inefficient. Expect more improvements in the coming weeks.
2005-02-02 17:59 curtis
* data/bio/BioRadForm.java: Flip image Linear2DSet upside down to
prevent images from being displayed upside-down by default (this
brings the Bio-Rad form's behavior in line with the behavior of
the other forms in visad.data.bio).
2005-02-01 10:30 donm
* data/vis5d/V5DStruct.java: fix a bug where the filename was not
working on Mac OS-X. I think the problem is that OS-X allows
null characters in filenames.
2005-01-24 16:07 rink
* Gridded3DDoubleSet.java: add consistency test boolean to
2005-01-24 16:06 rink
* Gridded3DSet.java: fix bad initialization of grid orientation
flag in contructor
2005-01-13 11:06 donm
* data/units/: ParseException.java, SimpleCharStream.java,
Token.java, TokenMgrError.java, UnitParser.java, UnitParser.jj,
UnitParserConstants.java, UnitParserTokenManager.java: fix a
problem where the time spec "3hours since 2004-08-13T18:00:00Z"
would not parse correctly. Changes were to UnitParser.jj, but
after running javacc, all these others get created and are
2005-01-13 10:55 rink
* VisADTriangleStripArray.java: if earlycoord(s)=null, just
initialize to empty: Bill's code from adjustSeam.
2005-02-21 13:15 tomw
* wisc/ssec/mcidas/adde/AddeURLConnection.java: Make gzip
compression on port 112 the default. Previously, the default was
no compression on port 500. ADDE server code for using gzip+112
was distributed to sites over 2 years ago, and versions of
McIDAS-X since 2004 now only use this.
2005-02-17 11:02 tomw
* wisc/ssec/mcidas/MSGTnav.java: Remove debug statement.
2005-02-17 10:55 tomw
* wisc/ssec/mcidas/adde/AddeURLConnection.java: Look for the server
being 127.0.0.1 (local) and force the mode to NO_COMPRESS, since
the server doesn't compress anyways when talking to a 'local'
client. Cannot catch Exception from GZIPInputStream since by
then the bytes are "gone".
2005-02-08 12:16 tomw
* wisc/ssec/mcidas/adde/AddeURLConnection.java: Fix Javadoc for
"type" parameter on image "linele".
2005-01-12 06:54 donm
* wisc/ssec/mcidas/adde/: AddeGridReader.java,
AddeURLConnection.java: update javadoc to show all keywords for
2005-01-05 14:23 tomw
* wisc/ssec/mcidas/adde/AddeSatBands.java: Make this work with both
the old and new format of SATBANDS file. Further extensions of
this would include picking up the new WL (wavelength) and WN
(wave number) values for potentially other uses.
2005-01-13 14:36 donm
* netcdf/RandomAccessFile.java: update to the latest
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Space Science and Engineering Center
Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies