Proposed VisAD library change for ADDE server defaults

In the "edu" package delievered with VisAD, we would like to change the default port and mode for accessing ADDE servers to 112 and compressed. The McIDAS group has been using this with their servers since 2003 and it is the preferred; the 2004 client code only uses port 112. The newly released "OpenADDE" servers configure only port 112 during installation [which is part of the motivation for this change.]

You will still be able to override this using URL parameters, if you needed to use port 500 or 503.

If you have any objections, please let me know by Friday.

Thanks.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)