Re: generating grid data from non-grid data

Hi Johnson,

> I am new to the VisAD and I want to plot a response surface of a
> non-grid data.
>
> Please can anyone let me know if there are any functionalities that
> would enable me to generate 3D grid data from non grid data.

You can construct a Field (probably an instance of visad.FlatField)
with your non-grid as its domain Irregular3DSet (i.e., sampling),
then construct a Gridded3DSet that defines the grid you want to
resample to, then pass that Gridded3DSet to the FlatField's
resample() method. Simlarly in 2-D.