Re: ProductSet Display support

Doug-

Doug Lindholm wrote:
I prefer to have my data shaped like (lon,lat,alt)->foo but my domain set can be 100x100x25. I can't use a Linear3DSet because my altitudes are not regularly spaced and a Gridded3DSet requires 250000 values, most of which are redundant. As I understand it, I could define the set as a ProductSet of 3 Gridded1DSets with 225 (100+100+25) values. Just thought I'd try to reduce memory usage a bit. No Biggie.

Well, I see your dilema.  I think though, that if you ever
try to use the data, it will get expanded out even if it's a
ProductSet, so you might not be saving much.  You can call the
Gridded3DSet constructor that says don't make a copy of the
samples to save on some space.  Also, have you tried a
ProductSet anyway?  For some things it works, for others, not.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm