Re: Adding 2nd view for holoscreen floor projection

Hi Finn,

Nice work so far.

VisADCanvasJ3D casts to DisplayImplJ3D but that doesn't change
the fact that the actual class of your object is your extension
of DisplayImplJ3D. Of course our VisADCanvasJ3D code won't know
about any new method signatures you define for your extension,
but if you over-ride any existing method signatures your over-rides
will be invoked.

You can correct the incorrect cursor string by over-riding the
drawCursorStringVector(VisADCanvasJ3D) method in DisplayRendererJ3D.
You can pass your other VisADCanvasJ3Ds to your extension of
DisplayRendererJ3D by another method. With a little luck you can
just put the existing drawCursorStringVector() code inside a loop
over your VisADCanvasJ3Ds (might be a bit more complex than that).

Please let us know if you have more problems or questions.