Re: 2d axes

Thanks Bill, but I think that I'm doing something wrong this is my code:

        time = RealType.getRealType("time");// ,SI.second,null);
        tempHalley = RealType.getRealType("Kelvin",SI.kelvin,null);
        tempRothera = RealType.getRealType("Rothera",SI.kelvin,null);
        tempBird = RealType.getRealType("Bird",SI.kelvin,null);
        tempSouthPole = RealType.getRealType("South_Pole",SI.kelvin,null);

        // Create  FunctionType, that is the class which represents our
functions
        // This is the MathType ( time -> temperature )
        // Use FunctionType(MathType domain, MathType range)

        func_time_tempHalley = new FunctionType(time, tempHalley);
        func_time_tempRothera = new FunctionType(time, tempRothera);
        func_time_tempBird = new FunctionType(time, tempBird);
        func_time_tempSouthPole = new FunctionType(time, tempSouthPole);
        int rows=aValues.getRows();
        time_set = new Integer1DSet(time, rows);

        // Those are our actual temperature values
        // Note the dimensions of the array:
        // float[ number_of_range_components ][ number_of_range_samples]

        float[][] tempHalley_vals =new float[1][rows];
        tempHalley_vals[0]=aValues.getColumnAsFloat(2);

//System.out.println("Halley"+ArrayUtils.floatArrayStringValue(tempHalley_vals[0]));
        float[][] tempRothera_vals = new float[1][rows];
        tempRothera_vals[0]=aValues.getColumnAsFloat(3);

//System.out.println("Rothera="+ArrayUtils.floatArrayStringValue(tempRothera_vals[0]));
        float[][] tempBird_vals = new float[1][rows];
        tempBird_vals[0] = aValues.getColumnAsFloat(1);
        //System.out.println("Bird
Island="+ArrayUtils.floatArrayStringValue(tempBird_vals[0]));
        float[][] tempSouthPole_vals = new float[1][rows];
        tempSouthPole_vals[0] = aValues.getColumnAsFloat(4);

//System.out.println("SouthPole="+ArrayUtils.floatArrayStringValue(tempSouthPole_vals[0]));

        // Create a FlatField, that is the class for the samples
        // Use FlatField(FunctionType type, Set domain_set)

        valsHalley = new FlatField( func_time_tempHalley, time_set);
        valsRothera = new FlatField( func_time_tempRothera, time_set);
        valsBird = new FlatField( func_time_tempBird, time_set);
        valsSouthPole = new FlatField( func_time_tempSouthPole, time_set);

        // and put the temperature values above in it

        valsHalley.setSamples( tempHalley_vals );
        valsRothera.setSamples( tempRothera_vals );
        valsBird.setSamples( tempBird_vals );
        valsSouthPole.setSamples( tempSouthPole_vals );

        // Create Display and its maps
        // A 2D display

        display = new DisplayImplJ2D("display1");
        GraphicsModeControl dispGMC = (GraphicsModeControl)
display.getGraphicsModeControl();
        dispGMC.setScaleEnable(true);

        // Create the ScalarMaps: quantity time is to be displayed along x-axis
        // and height along y-axis
        // Use ScalarMap(ScalarType scalar, DisplayRealType display_scalar)

        timeMap = new ScalarMap( time, Display.XAxis );
        tempHalleyMap = new ScalarMap( tempHalley, Display.YAxis );
        tempRotheraMap = new ScalarMap( tempRothera, Display.YAxis );
        tempBirdMap = new ScalarMap( tempBird, Display.YAxis );
        tempSouthPoleMap = new ScalarMap( tempSouthPole, Display.YAxis );

        tempRotheraMap.setScaleEnable(false);
        tempBirdMap.setScaleEnable(false);
        tempSouthPoleMap.setScaleEnable(false);

        tempHalleyMap.setScaleEnable(true);
        float min=aValues.getFloatMin()-10.0f;
        //System.out.println("MIN="+min);
        int[] validColumns={1,2,3,4,};
        float max=aValues.getFloatMax(validColumns)+10.0f;
        //System.out.println("MAX="+max);
        tempHalleyMap.setRange(min,max);
        tempRotheraMap.setRange(min,max);
        tempBirdMap.setRange(min,max);
        tempSouthPoleMap.setRange(min,max);

        // Add maps to display

        display.addMap( timeMap );
        display.addMap( tempHalleyMap );
        display.addMap( tempRotheraMap );
        display.addMap( tempBirdMap );
        display.addMap( tempSouthPoleMap );
        axisScale=new AxisScale(tempHalleyMap);

        axisScale.setTitle("Celsius");
        //axisScale.setAutoComputeTicks(false);

        axisScale.setAutoComputeTicks(false);

axisScale.createStandardLabels((double)10,(double)-50,(double)1,(double)5);
        //System.out.println("tickBase="+axisScale.getTickBase());

        axisScale.setMinorTickSpacing((double)1);
        axisScale.setMajorTickSpacing((double)5);
        axisScale.setTickBase((double)1);
        axisScale.setLabelAllTicks(true);
        axisScale.setSide(axisScale.SECONDARY);

        // Color for the lines.
        float rotheraRed = 1.0f;
        float rotheraGreen = 1.0f;
        float rotheraBlue = 0.0f;

        float birdRed = 0.0f;
        float birdGreen = 1.0f;
        float birdBlue = 1.0f;

        float southPoleRed = 0.0f;
        float southPoleGreen = 1.0f;
        float southPoleBlue = 0.0f;

        float[] rotheraColor = new float[]{rotheraRed, rotheraGreen,
rotheraBlue};
        tempRotheraMap.setScaleColor(rotheraColor);
        // Create constantMap to put colors
        ConstantMap[] rotheraCMap = { new ConstantMap( rotheraRed,
Display.Red),
                                      new ConstantMap( rotheraGreen,
Display.Green),
                                      new ConstantMap( rotheraBlue,
Display.Blue),
                                      new ConstantMap( 1.50f,
Display.LineWidth)};

        ConstantMap[] birdCMap = {  new ConstantMap( birdRed, Display.Red),
                                    new ConstantMap( birdGreen, Display.Green),
                                    new ConstantMap( birdBlue, Display.Blue),
                                    new ConstantMap( 1.50f, Display.LineWidth)};

        ConstantMap[] southPoleCMap = {  new ConstantMap( southPoleRed,
Display.Red),
                                         new ConstantMap( southPoleGreen,
Display.Green),
                                         new ConstantMap( southPoleBlue,
Display.Blue),
                                         new ConstantMap( 1.50f,
Display.LineWidth)};

        // Create a data reference and set the FlatField as our data
        data_refHalley = new DataReferenceImpl("data_refHalley");
        data_refRothera = new DataReferenceImpl("data_refRothera");
        data_refBird = new DataReferenceImpl("data_refBird");
        data_refSouthPole = new DataReferenceImpl("data_refSouthPole");

        data_refHalley.setData( valsHalley );
        data_refRothera.setData( valsRothera );
        data_refBird.setData( valsBird );
        data_refSouthPole.setData( valsSouthPole );

        // Add reference to display
        display.addReference( data_refHalley );
        display.addReference( data_refRothera, rotheraCMap );
        display.addReference( data_refBird, birdCMap );
        display.addReference( data_refSouthPole, southPoleCMap );
        axisScale.setSide(axisScale.SECONDARY);

    }

And I the only thing that is working from the AxisScale is the setTitle,
anything else does not work. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

--
Carlos del Castillo Peralta.
QoS Labs México.