Re: capture images in the animation loop

Hi everybody !

I actually played for a while with this, in a somehow different context. Basically I wanted to playback the user interaction with a 3D display. So I recorded the changes in the projection control of the display plus the timing and then I just rendered them either in AVI or QuikTime format (both supported by jmf). The nice think is that I could load the display with a simple scene, record the user interaction (rotation, translation, zooming etc.) and then render the movie with a scene loaded with all the details.

If anyone interested I can actually spend couples of days ( week-ends ;-) ) on :
1 - VisAD file form for JMF supported media types
2 - a simple playback module - useful for presentations (design suggestions are more than welcome)

Cheers,
-iulian

Curtis Rueden wrote:
Hi Andrew,

As far as I know, no one has written a VisAD file form for
Java Media Framework supported media types. If you were to
write one, it would be a great asset. Actually, I may end
up writing one at some point in the future, precisely so
that VisAD would support QuickTime on a larger number of
platforms.

-Curtis