Re: prototype of my x-y style plotter / wrapper

Hi Maohai,

> Because of security reasons I don't have a place to put
> things on the web site in my institute. So put the prototype
> of my wrapper classes in
>
> http://www.geocities.com/qomo/visad/
>
> I am putting them on the web hoping someone will find them
> useful and hoping I can collect suggestions. There are
> functionalities
> that I haven't had time to implement, and I am a hundred percent
> sure there are better ways to implement how the plots are made.
> If you can borther to try it, read the JavaDocs and even browse
> through the source code (I hope they are easy readings) and make
> suggestions I will be very grateful.
> . . .

I installed and ran your package and find it very nice.
It wouldn't be difficult to replace your:

  "new DisplayImplJ2D("VisAD2D display");"

with:

  "new DisplayImplJ3D("VisAD2D display", new TwoDDisplayRendererJ3D());"

and to create "J3D" declarations parallel to all your
"J2D" decalrations. The ease with which you can switch
between the Java2D and Java3D APIs is a sign of VisAD's
object-oriented design.

> see VisAD home page at www.visad.org for more details on
> installation.

The VisAD home page is at:

  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad.html

Please correct this in your on-line 00Readme.txt file,
so your users will know where to find information
about VisAD.