Re: questions about units

Bill/m huang-

Just one clarification

Bill Hibbard wrote:

Or they can use the
method described in the "Using Units" section of Tom's Data
Model Tutorial, to create Units from text string
representations. was deprecated.  You should
use instead.

Otherwise, I think Bill summed it up nicely. I never worry
about BaseUnit, DerivedUnit, etc.   I just deal with the
Unit superclass which has the methods I need.

If you have real concerns and design ideas for units,
you should check out JSR 108 (javax.units):

which is working on a Java extension for handling units.

I think Steve's Units design does an excellent job of
enabling applications to express and manipulate the
units of their numerical quantities.

I agree and the javax.units package should build on this