changing data color on the fly in 2D X-Y plot

Hi,

Say I have (x -> y) plotted with lines connected, as shown in
the example P2_05 in the Tutorial.

I use display.addReference(data_ref, cMap ) to set
the color of the curve, where cMap is an array of ConstantMaps
made according to the r g b color components. My question is
how to change the color of the curve AFTER the plot has
been constructed and shown? I tried to make new ConstantMaps
and put them in the cMap above, but that doesn't seem to
change anything. Should I somehow trigger the DisplayRenderer
or something else to remake the rendering?