Re: Scaling of an external TransformGroup

Bill Hibbard wrote:

Did you construct Gridded3DSets with manifold dimension = 1,
or just ordinary manifold dimension = 3? You can essentially
draw lines in 3-D as Gridded3DSets with manifold dimension = 1.
See visad/examples/DelaunayTest.java, particularly lines 209 to
256.

Hi Bill,

first of all, thank you for the time you spend on my problem. Yes i used a Gridded3DSet with manifold dimension = 1, but what i get is not what i need. To explain you what the problem is, i have attached a very simple 2D example (in 3D it's allways the same). When you look on the picture you can see the grid i have to visualize. These are results from CFD codes (Computational Fluid Dynamic). The circle is (in this example) the geometry that was analyzed in a specific fluid flow )This is the reason why no points are defined within the circle, the flow goes arround the geometry). In this case each quadrilatral is a computing cell, a so called "volume". The connections between the points are given by a connecting list where each quadrilateral is defined by 4 indizes. From this connecting list it is common to create an IndexedArray. So i think this is the easiest way. If there is no easy way to get the scaling from VisAD, could you explain me where VisAD set the scaling? Maybe i can extract the transform with this information. To pass my data into VisAD i rebuild my connecting list, from quadrilateral or hexahedron to triangle or tetrahedron, and create a DelaunayCustom with it. Another question in this context is, are there any limitations in displaying streamlines? As i explained, i am using an Irregular3DSet for my data. A few days ago i played arround with Display.FlowXX and FlowXControl. The vector plot works, but when i switch to streamline nothing happened.

Thanks

Olav

PNG image