problem reading HDF5 file

Bill:

When I try to open an HDF5 file (AIRS satellite data), I get this:

>>> a=load("test.h5")
ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.exceptions.HDF5Exception: HDF5File: ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.exceptions
.HDF5AtomException: Unable to find atom information (already closed?)
Invalid MathType form: -> required:-1
Specified MathType = null
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in ?
visad.data.BadFormException: Data object "test.h5" not compatible with "visad.python.JPythonMethods" data family
        at visad.data.FunctionFormFamily.open(FunctionFormFamily.java:444)

I'm using Windows 2K and the latest jhdf5.dll from NCSA. When I try to open this file with the H5View tool, it is fine. I tried replacing the ncsa package with the latest contents of the two JAR files, but VisAD I still get this error.

Sorry I cannot provide any other info (this is the first HDF5 file I'v had to work with), but if you've got any ideas I'm all ears. It looks like NCSA did the VisAD adapter...wonder if they are still maintaining it?

tom
--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison