Re: display areas

David:

Let me offer a little different slant on this: using Jython, you can
construct a solid, rectangular shape for each cell and then position it
where you'd like.  For example:

maps = makeMaps("px","x", "py","y", "pshape","shape")
d = makeDisplay(maps)
s = Shapes(d,maps[2])
s.addShape('solid_square',.1,"orange",autoScale=0)
s.addShape('solid_square',.08,"red",autoScale=0)
s.addShape('solid_square',.25,"cyan",autoScale=0)
from java.awt import Color
s.addShape('solid_square',.02,Color(.5,.5,.5),autoScale=0)
s.moveShape(0,[.1,.1])
s.moveShape(1,[.2,.1])
s.moveShape(2,[.28,.1])
s.moveShape(3,[-.3,-.2])
showDisplay(d)

You did say one thing that bothers me a bit though:

I have 1 million of areas, I can't used one Irregular2DSet for each
area. I have only Scottich grid, have you an optimized method to draw
grid and color area of the grid???

I'm not sure how one would go about visualizing one million cells on a monitor which may have only about that many pixels to begin with. Obviously, the above method would make one million objects of whatever type you choose. Perhaps others can suggest an alternative...

tom