Re: axes in 2D

Hi Nicolas-

Nicolas Ocquidant wrote:

How can I do to change the default behavior of the axes in 2D.
I mean, I want a fixed size for axes, like in the left example
of the Test42 class.

In order to do that, I've had:
boolean b = true;
rowMap.getAxisScale().setScreenBased(b);
columnMap.getAxisScale().setScreenBased(b);
but it doesn't make any difference with b = false.

Could you tell me what I have missed.

Are you trying to change it dynamically (i.e. toggle between
screen based and not?)  It looks like if you start out
with screen based and then want to change it to a regular
one, then you would see no effect (or vice versa).  I'll
fix that later today and it will be in the next release.

Another thing: Is there a possibilty to display axes on both side,
I mean East + West and North + South?

Not currently.  I'll add it to the list of suggested improvements,
but I don't expect I'll get to it any time soon.

You can set the side to be opposite from the default (i.e.,
use AxisScale.setSide()), but there is no BOTH option now.
See ScaleTest.java in the VisAD examples for how to use
a lot of the AxisScale features.

Let me know exactly what you are trying to do with the
setScreenBased.

Don

Thanks a lot.

Nicolas