Re: how to expand the memory when running an applet?

If you are using the Java Plug-in with your browser (assuming you're
using this through a browser), go to the "Java Plug-in Control Panel"
(on my windows machine, "Start->Console->Java PlugIn"), and in the
space for "Java Runtime Parameters" enter something like:  '-Xmx256m'
(without the ' marks).  That is supposed to do it.

If you're not using the Java Plug-in, I have no idea...

tom

--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison