Re: Integrated Data Viewer version 1.0 beta 1 available

Hi Ugo,

Please forgive me for CC'ing your message to the list,
but I wanted to second that the IDV is a great system.

The IDV does use visad.CoordinateSystem for map projections.
Applications can define their own instances of DisplayRealType,
and group 3 of them into a DisplayTupleType with a CoordinateSystem
with reference Display.DisplaySpatialCartesianTuple (which is
(XAxis, YAxis, ZAxis)). All the trig is of course in the toReference
and fromReference() methods of their CoordinateSystem.