Re: strange 3D to 2D behavior

Hi Lak,

First, do not call clearMaps() and then add all the ScalarMaps
every time you add new Data to the Display. Instead, make all
your addMap() calls once at the begining, then to add new Data
just call addReference().

Second, I suspect that your cones are becomming flat because
they are at different ranges of Z values. When there is just
one cone, the autoscaling for Z values does a setRange() for
the Z ScalarMap that just covers the small range of Z values
of that one cone. But the second cone may be at a very different
range of Z values, so the autoscaling algorithm sets a much
greater range of Z values to cover both cones and they become
very flat.

I see your application enables axis scales. Check whether
you are getting a much greater range of Z values with multiple
calls.