Re: general question on FlatField.resample and Irregular3DSet

Olav Rybatzki wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  i have  tryed to get a volume rendered view of my data. The problem is,
> that FlatField.resample seems to be in an infinite loop. I think that
> there possibly is a general problem with the domain which has two
> surfaces, one outer and one inner.  Below you can see the code i have used.
>
> Irregular3DSet domainSet = new Irregular3DSet (domainTuple, pointValues,
> null, null, null, tri);
> Linear3DSet remapSet = new Linear3DSet (domainTuple, -10, 10, 41, -10,
> 10, 41, -10, 10, 41);
> FlatField val_ff = new FlatField (funcDomainTemperature, domainSet);
>
> float[][] var = (float[][]) variable.get (0);
>
> float[][] data = new float[1][var[0].length];
> for(i=0; i<var[0].length; i++)
> {
>      data[0][i] = var[5][i];
> }
>
> val_ff.setSamples (data, false);
> val_ff = (FlatField) val_ff.resample (remapSet, Data.WEIGHTED_AVERAGE,
> Data.INDEPENDENT);
> DataReferenceImpl data_ref = new DataReferenceImpl ("data_ref");
> data_ref.setData (val_ff);
>
> The domain has 71666 points.
>
> Note to Bill: This is the same example that i'd send to you. I don't
> know if  you have fixed the problem with the triangulation in this code.
> If not,  open TecPlotAdapterno.java and change the line

I didn't fix the problem because it was a problem with your code.
Here is my last reply to your problem:

  Thanks for the program and data. The problem is that the
  'int[][] connect' array passed from TecPlotAdapterGraphicsTestno.main()
  at line 107 to the DelaunayCustom constructor has connect[332434][3] = 71666
  whereas it passes a samples array where samples[i] = 71666. The values in
  the connect array are indices into the samples array, but in this case it
  is an illegal index that causes the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.