Re: Not drawing cursor strings

Hi Ben,

> I am using the same axis for multiple line plots. This is working no
> problem.  The issue is that I have a lot(24, although only 6 max are shown
> at a time) of data sets and this causes them all to be displayed in the
> upper left corner.  Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue but since
> there is a single axis it looks kind of funny to have 25(I have added a
> generic label as well) lines saying basically the same thing.
>
> Ok on to the real question.  It looks like this is being displayed from
> DisplayRendererJ2D.drawCursorStringVector().  What do you think the best
> way to go about only showing the generic one is?  It is the first item in
> the Vector.  I was thinking of extending DisplayRendererJ2D and overriding
> getCursorStringVector() to only return that first one, but I am concerned
> this could cause problems elsewhere.  I could also override
> drawCursorStringVector() and that is probably more intuitive, but since I
> would be copying most of the code from the super class method I would have
> to update my version every time VisAD was updated.

I think either solution is OK. I think getCursorStringVector() is
only used by the system for drawing those Strings (some people's
apps may use it for other things, but you don't need to worry about
that). And drawCursorStringVector() hasn't been modified in a long
time, so you wouldn'y have to update often.

By the way, I really appreciate it your self-reliance in digging
into the system and figuring out a solution to your problem.