From: Ugo Taddei [mailto:p6taug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 22 July 2002 15:03
To: Wilson, Andrew, J
Subject: Re: Newbie using VisAd for Seismic attribute
calculation and

> As part of this R&TD I need to revive and extend some old
> seismic processing algorithms. I'll need to read in a 3D
> of seismic data. Think 3D medical imaging data but
> geospatially reference and covering up to a 1,000 square
> kilometres at a time. Because of the data sizes I'll
> start with just a basemap and a facility to display
> and horizontal sections.

In VisAD-speak, this, the cube, is a Linear3DSet. There are
"cubes" with different sampling, but the linear 3D set will
probably do
the trick. Check out:

> My second son was born last week (Mother and baby doing
> thanks) so I'm hoping that by working with the VisAd
> and community I can get this work done and still spend a
> little time at home.

...if you have some time between nappy changes...

As Bill said, Jython might save you some time:

Registered in England No: 3763515
Registered Address:
                        100 Thames Valley Park Drive
                        Berkshire   RG6 1PT   UK
Telephone:              +44 (0) 118 935 3222