From: owner-visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bill Hibbard
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 3:51 PM
To: Ibrahim Z Mohammad
Subject: Re: animation - memory problem

Hi Ibrahim,

You don't have to construct different 'new Gridded3DSet' for each
iteration of the 'for(int t = 0; t < no_timesteps; t++)' loop.
Just pre-compute and save these Gridded3DSets for each "i" value
before your "t" loop. This may save a lot of memory.

However, you do need to construct a 'new FieldImpl' for
particles_field inside the "t" loop. I don't think this will
increase memory use much.