WG: MetApps ShapefileAdapter

Hi Luke,

> I want a vector based solution since I want
> infinite zoom capabilities and do not want
> to have to store a lot of raster map data
> representing the earth.

In my app I am using a bitmap of the earth as background for my
visualization. I found that the resample() method of FlatField is a
great method of zooming in and out of bitmaps without getting this big
rastered pixeldata because resample internally smoothes the bitmap. So
you can prevent your resolution while zooming your display. This is a
bit slower than a vector based solution but looks really beautiful.

Cheers, Mathias